Saturday, November 2, 2013

Weekend Getaway!

This past weekend, some of my friends invited me to go down the beach, and stay overnight in one of the resorts in Bauang, La Union. I didn't want to go at first since I prefer to just stay home, and watch movies, read books, write, and just curl up in my bed. But due to insistent demand, I have to give in. I later found out that they needed one more to share the expenses (he!he!). Don't get me wrong. It's not a bad thing, really, for me. I never realized that I needed a getaway. It was a super fun overnight hang out.

The resort was okay. The beach was murky. But what the heck! (Pardon me.) It's a beach. We were only slightly tired getting tossed by the waves. That's the whole point why La Union is called the surfing haven in the north, right?  Finally, we decided we had enough of this toss and toss thing with the sea.


 We went to the cottage to do some serious karaoke singing. I don't know why these machines needed to show a score after every song. My friends were all getting nineties, and I barely make it to show eighty. And every time I sing, there seemed to be some important things my friends needed to do. (I'm exaggerating here, of course.) Well, I'd say I must be hoarse from too much screaming with the waves. I decided to give up the microphone.


When night came, we went swimming in the pool. I was in my bathing suit, mind you.  I didn't care if the lights were on and the cameras were flashing. I thought I just had a slight bulge in the stomach, and a bit more flesh in the arms than I would like  it to be. But I know the water is my friend. We're having the stories of our lives.We had a blast! I was happy. In the morning, I checked the pictures. Well, never mind the pictures....








    

No comments:

Post a Comment